Commonly asked questions...
- How Do I register as a patient? - You need to go onto our new patient tab on our homepage, from there please follow the instructions. If you are having difficulty please contact us on our usual phoneline.
- Can I register in more than one surgery? - No, you can only be registered to 1 GP surgery (medical centre) at a time. If you are a student that goes home for a few weeks at a time, you can register at your home surgery as a temporary patient.
- Why does the reception team ask me so many questions? - They do this as it is their job, they need to understand why you are calling and how best they can help you.
- Do I need to complete a PHQ9 & GAD7 every single time I need my mental health medication? - Yes, this is so the prescriber can ensure youre taking the right dose and the right medication. We understand it's frustrating, however we want to ensure youre getting the right treatment.
- Can I put in my prescription over the telephone? - No, we need a written request
- How do I get an appointment to see a doctor? - You need to submit an E-consult via our website, this is done by clicking the blue box on our website homepage. This means you can be directed to the most appropriate Dr for your needs, at the right time. You may also give us a call on 02392 736006
- I turned up for my appointment but the shutters were closed - The surgery closes every wednesday from 1-2pm, this allows us to keep our clinicians and staff up to date with their training.
- I have to wait over a week or two weeks for an appointment - We understand that your health and health concern is important, however we must triage people based on clinical need. This means that someone who requires more urgent medical help will be offered an appointment much sooner. This can sometimes mean that you have to wait a bit longer.
*page is in progress of being built